People are awesome. People are awesome in different ways. We would like people to be awesome in their own way. Our goal is to provide an atmosphere where all of us can get together and feel safe.
To get into more specifics, this means we do not tolerate any harassment or disrespect of our attendees due to age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
- Being kind to each other & showing empathy towards others
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Be friendly and patient when being offered constructive criticism
- Any unwelcome sexual attention or advances including the use of sexualised language or imagery, sexualised comments or jokes
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and discriminatory jokes or language
- Public or private harassment including intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person)
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
- Sustained disruption of calls and presentations
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behaviour may be reported by contacting the project team at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. For example: participants that don’t follow the CoC can be removed from the Slack account. The A11Y Collective team is obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident.